Nelson wines have been judged some of this country’s best in the prestigious Air New Zealand Wine Awards. More than a dozen Pure Gold and Pure Silver medals came to the region, as well as a number of Pure Bronze awards.
Of the four Pure Gold medals, three were Pinot Gris, reinforcing the excellent quality of both the 2014 and 2013 vintage.
Wine Nelson Marketing Manager Andrea McLeay says the results speak for themselves as Nelson continues to enhance its reputation as a region that produces some of New Zealand’s finest wines.
“The performance of our Nelson winegrowers continues to grow and the medals recognise and reinforce their efforts,” Andrea says.
Seifried Estates Anna Seifried says the success of Nelson wines at the Air New Zealand Awards cement Nelson’s reputation as a region of family owned producers crafting premier wines.
Pure Gold medals were awarded to:
- Waimea Estate Pinot Gris 2014
- Sea Level Pinot Gris 2014
- Blackenbrook Nelson Pinot Gris 2013
- Seifried Nelson Sauvignon Blanc 2014
Pure Silver medals were awarded to:
- Seifried Nelson Nelson Gewürztraminer 201
- Seifried Nelson Pinot Gris 2014
- Blackenbrook Nelson Gewurztraminer 201
- Blackenbrook Nelson Pinot Gris 201
- Aronui Nelson Chardonnay 201
- Spinyback Pinot Gris 201
- Kahurangi 2013 Gewurztramine
- Kahurangi 2011 Blanc de Blan
- Moutere Hills 2014 Sauvignon Blanc
The Air New Zealand Wine Awards are New Zealand’s most prestigious wine awards and have been running for more than 30 years.
The trophy wines for each category will be announced on Saturday 22 November.
For a full list of awards in each variety visit www.airnzwineawards.co.nz